Job Location: Tumut, Snowy & Monaro
Employer: Compass Group
Rewarding $85-90K Annual Salary
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group providing â€˜home away from homeâ€™ comforts for remote workers. ESS have been awarded the opportunity to provide the hospitality and food solutions to the teams working on various projects throughout the Snowy. We are currently recruiting experienced Head Chefs to work 14 days on / 7 days off rosters.
- Oversee a team of Chefs and Kitchen Hands to produce high quality, tasty and nutritious meals for hundreds of workers across breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Typically serving buffet style bulk cooking, Grab n Go lunch & retail products, BBQs and plated meals for functions/events etc.
- Ensure OH&S compliance, adhering to safe work practices and food handling procedures
- Ensure all catering controls are in place, and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene, safety, infection control and cleanliness
- Managing team performance and employee development
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art kitchen, amazing site culture with a friendly team around you!
- Chef Qualifications, Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Experiencing producing high-volume meals, ideally in a buffet setting
- Experience with hygienic work practices and appropriate HACCP guidelines
- Must be able to get to a pick-up point eg, Cooma/Canberra/Tumut or Wagga
- White Card (or willingness to apply)
- National Police Check (or willingness to apply)
- Comfortable undertaking a pre-employment medical
- Comfortable undertaking COVID test every 72 hours
Specifically, we are looking for Head Chefs from local areas including, but not limited to Wagga, Tumut Valley, Cooma and ACT regions. We provide bus services to site from these locations. We also provide Fly In / Fly Out opportunities for candidates outside of these areas.
As a team member with Compass Group, you will have the support, training, infrastructure, systems and processes you would expect from a global organisation. As an employer of choicer, we recognise high performance and foster individual development. Similarly, you will enjoy benefits including:
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Paid parental leave
- Employee recognition programs
- Corporate discounts across retail, hotels etc
- Uniforms and safety gear provided
We embrace equal opportunity and promote diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, men and women of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation and People with Disability to apply.