Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Organization: Tequila Mockingbird
$85,000 – $99,999 + Superannuation + Tips
Working in a fast paced, upscale restaurant group with 2 restaurants currently and plans for expansion. A competitive salary plus superannuation. Working with like minded individuals with attention to detail in all respects, resulting in a dining experience for our guests that you can be proud of.
Small dynamic team
This is a great opportunity for a gun Sous to move to the next level!
Qualifications & experience
- As Head Chef you will have a minimum of 4 years experience in a senior management roll. Experience in Hatted or upscale dining a must.
- Understanding of COG’s and reporting
- Scheduling experience
- Varied cooking techniques
- knowledge of Latin cuisine an asset
- Strong leadership skills
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for reporting to Executive Chef, maintaining quality of dishes, managing kitchen staff, training and mentoring others in the kitchen, maintaining professionalism at all times and treating other staff with respect, weekly costing reports, scheduling, running services, reporting to General Manager
- This is a hands on role with 2 days off in a row. Approximately 52 hours a week
- Managing kitchen COG’s and Labor
- Training and teaching
- We offer a competitive wage + superannuation and tips, seasonal menus, 2 days off in a row, all items made in house from scratch, an established restaurant with an amazing reputation, restaurant group that is expanding with a focus on all employees and promoting from within.