Head Chef – Russo Estate Winery
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Russo Estate
Russo Estate Winery â€“ Diggers Rest – VIC
Russo Estate is seeking a Head Chef (Wednesday â€“ Sunday) to develop, create and maintain an exceptional food experience to complement its thriving business operations.
Characterised by its stunning floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the winery and 3 tier waterfall, Russo Estate offers guests the chance to enjoy award-winning wines, tapas and a la carte dining made from locally sourced produce.
We cater for Weddings, Functions, and Corporate events and soon to be offering accommodation on site.
In this fast-paced role, you will lead a small kitchen team in the creation and delivery of a delicious a la carte menu as well as breakfast and lunch menus that complement our wines.
This dynamic role will afford you the opportunity to be creative; designing menus that are reflective of the seasons, incorporating locally sourced and cellar-grown produce to create dishes that are fresh and innovative.
- Design and creation of menus for Russo Estate; including event, function, breakfast, and other menus as required
- Develop and drive our Russo Estate produce range including various relishes, tapenade, lavosh, jams, etc.
- Build and foster relationships with local growers and producers
- Assist in maintaining a positive team working environment
- Assist management with the training and induction of kitchen staff
- Compliance with all aspects of Work, Health and Safety Legislation and Operation Procedures
- An unwavering love of food and the art of cooking
- Minimum 5 years experience as head chef
- Experience in the effective running of foodservice in an event environment
- Excellent communication, delegation, and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Experience in stock control, ordering, management of food costs, and budgeting
- Have a genuine passion for using sustainable practices and local produce
- Have a genuine commitment to the customer experience
- Flexible to work events and weekends
- Have the right to work in Australia
Why work for us?
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced chef to be a part of the continued evolution of Russo Estate
- Work with a passionate and hardworking team of people
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and open working arrangements
Check out our website and social
- INSTAGRAM: @russoestate
If you are passionate about food and hospitality and are ready to take the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your resume to [email protected] and tell us why you’d like to join the team (Resume and Cover Letter; max 3 pages total).