Head Chef IKARIA Bondi
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
$95,000 – $99,999
We have an opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our Bondi family. Looking for someone to start December
About the Business
Facing Bondi Beach on the south end of Campbell Parade sits a bright new meze-style bar called Ikaria. Opened earlier this year, Ikaria is the project of husband and wife duo, who were inspired to bring something fresh and revitalising to their community. Inside its textured, white-washed walls, Ikaria serves Mediterranean meze alongside a creative cocktail menu and an extensive wine list. The vibe is relaxed, coastal elegance â€“ as is the food.
We are a fast-paced environment lunch & dinner in our 45 seat venue. Therefore, we are seeking a Head Chef who is dynamic and can take full control of our busy kitchen including our team of chefs, cooks & kitchen hands.
In addition to continuing our high standards, this is a great opportunity for a Head Chef to put their own stamp on the menu and take us, and their career, to the next level.
About the Role
This is a true leadership role, requiring you to set the food standards for the venue. This position is ideal for someone energetic and passionate who will take ownership of the kitchen, its operations, and the team.
The Head Chef will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, ordering, stocktake, rostering, cost control, maintaining high standard of food preparation / presentation and for leading by example and supporting and motivating the kitchen team.
- Oversee all kitchen operations and lead the BOH team
- Hands on chef, especially during the busy shifts
- Ensure plate presentation and consistency
- Train, motivate and mentor junior chefs
- Design, plan and cost menus
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Liaise with owners to achieve financial targets
We are looking for someone who has held a similar position within the hospitality industry and possess the following qualities:
- This role would ideally suit an individual with a 2 -3 yearsâ€™ Head Chef experience. Sous chefs ready to step up will also be considered.
- Sound background in menu development and costing
- Ability to excel in a high-volume, high-pressure environment
- A genuine motivation to train, lead and mentor your team to learn and grow
Benefits and Perks
- Generous salary, staff benefits and tips
- Opportunities to further develop your skills and career in a successful and reputable business
- An opportunity to work with great people in a great environment that offers secure, long-term employment