Head Chef (Gawler/Barossa)
Job Location: Adelaide Hills & Barossa
Employer: S.A. Health
Salary: $1,096.30 -Â $1,109.60 per week
- Barossa Hills Fleurieu Local Health Network, Gawler Hospital, Angaston Hospital, Tanunda Hospital
- Salary: $1,096.30 – $1,109.60 per week (adjusted to actual hours worked) â€“ WHA6
- Temporary Part Time vacancy available working 29 hours per week up to 1/1/2023, over a 7 day roster
The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of food service is maintained to appropriate standards in an efficient and effective manner.
The Head Chef is responsible for the day to day operations â€“ including working within the budget and controlling purchasing to ensure that an effective continuous quality improvement cycle is maintained This includes overseeing all aspects of ordering, receival, stock control, production, distribution including special diets and Barossa production.
Trade qualifications or trade equivalent skills as a Head chef.
If you want to join our inspiring team, we can offer you:
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our residents/patients
- Great team environment
- Enjoy flexibility in working hours promoting a work/life balance
- Modern facility with onsite parking
- Salary packaging benefits
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 779643