Guest Services Agent – Casual
Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Company: The Calile Hotel
The Calile Hotel
The Mission Statement for The Calile Hotel is simple yet ambitious – to deliver the best hotel experience in Brisbane. From large gestures to the finest details, we are driven to continually delight our guests. We strive to deliver an experience that is authentic and unpretentious, building a genuine relationship with our guests to ensure they wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else whenever they next return to Brisbane.
The Calile Hotel comprises of 175 guest rooms, resort pool, day spa, gymnasium, library, bars, restaurants and shops, integrating at ground level with the bustling James Street precinct of Fortitude Valley. The highly acclaimed architecture embraces Brisbane’s enviable climate to deliver a tropical resort experience in an urban setting. Naturally ventilated corridors and breezeways link to well considered rooms appointed for comfort.
You are the face of our business…
In this role, you are the voice of our beautiful property, and through tone and service you’ll epitomise everything that makes up a luxury guest experience.
First impressions are critical, and this is where you’ll shine. From welcoming new arrivals, answering calls from guests, assigning rooms and organising payments, to providing clear directions and insightful advice on the local area – each day will bring a new experience and a fresh new opportunity to delight. It will take a special person to balance the complex combination of skills needed to be a star in this role. You’ll have a fastidious and consistent attention to detail, an understanding and appreciation of a 5-star experience, and a calming presence and level head.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Completing check-in, check-out and cash / payment procedures.
- Maintaining accurate information and records including the correct guest details and linking guest profiles.
- Assisting guests with special requests, general information, transportation, event tickets, restaurant, airline reservations and any other reasonable requests as they arise.
- Answer, cheerfully and promptly, all incoming telephone calls and in-house guest requests to ensure their accurate distribution to all hotel guests, visitors and team members.
- Resolving guest complaints in a timely and professional manner, referring them to a supervisor if necessary.
- Maintaining an up-to-date guest history and ensure the latest information is retained in the record.
- Processing guest mail, messages and deliveries in an accurate and timely fashion.
- You have experienced the advantage of effective hotels operational systems and possess knowledge of Protel/Opera.
Opportunity for Growth
As a Calile team member, you’ll become part of a close-knit team operating one of Brisbane’s busiest hotels. We aim to meet our customer’s needs with honesty, integrity and care. The Calile Hotel has been developed by a local Brisbane family and is operated by TFE as part of the ever-growing TFE Hotels Collections. We are committed to continuous employee training and development, succession planning and career guidance because we know it makes our hotels better places to stay, and work.
A Glimpse of The Calile: https://www.instagram.com/thecalilehotel