Group Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Katherine & Northern Australia
Employer: Jawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation
$130,000 – $139,999 + Super +Salary Sacrifice
Title: Group Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Katherine, Northern Territory
Employment Status: Full Time
$130,000 – $140,000 neg + super and salary sacrifice
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
The Jawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation (JAAC) is based in Katherine, Northern Territory and provides human services, general administration, members services, financial management services, training services, sales and marketing, cultural & land management programs and business enterprises for the Jawoyn people and Indigenous people living on Jawoyn land. Land and Parks management programs involve traditional burning techniques and feral animal control. The Corporation also operates as a regional development agency with a strong focus on economic development, enterprise development and creation of employment opportunities. Business enterprises within the group include Jawoyn Contracting, Nitmiluk Tours, Nyirrunggulung Rise CDP and the Bantatjarl Strongbala Wimun Grup..
About the opportunity
Reporting to the CEO, the Group Human Resources Manager is accountable for the strategic HR development of JAAC group and the provision of day-to-day HR services across the group with the aim of maintaining high employee engagement and delivery of quality programs to their stakeholders.
- Maintain JAACâ€™s Workplace Health and Safety Handbook and processes in accordance with organisational and legislative requirements.
- Oversee HR procedures such as complaint handling, conflict resolution, provision of work equipment and access to entitlement benefits.
- Oversee and assist in recruitment processes, in conjunction with the JAACâ€™s groups General Managers, including workforce planning, interview assessments, selection processes,reference checks and administration support.
- Comply with cultural safety principles about overcoming the cultural power imbalances of places, people and policies to contribute to improvements in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peopleâ€™s employment, training and well-being.
- With the Leadership team, design, implement and report on HR strategic and operation plans that support the JAAC Group overall strategic growth and objectives.
- Develop and implement the JAAC Groups Indigenous Employment & Training Strategy and initiatives alongside the working group and Indigenous staff network.
It is desirable for you to have 5 yearsâ€™ demonstrated HR experience, preferably within the Not For Profit sector and ideally within Indigenous organisations. You will bring solid experience to this role, in recruitment and retention, career development and workplace health and safety. Be able to provide strategic HR advice to senior Management whilst delivering all other HR operational requirements. A hands on approach whether writing strategy or assisting with day to day support is essential.
- A demonstrated understanding or capacity to learn about Indigenous histories, cultures, organisations, and the issues facing Indigenous people in Australia meeting their aspiration for their communities and families.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written with Indigenous people, stakeholders, and organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in HR, business or similar, preferred but not essential.
- Minimum five yearsâ€™ experience as an HR generalist with strong knowledge of contemporary HR practices including recruitment, performance management, learning, conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, workplace investigations, policy and employee relations â€“ ideally within the Indigenous sector.
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation with sound working knowledge of workplace health and safety.
- Collaborative and consultative approach to work.
- Highly developed leadership, management, interpersonal, influencing, communication, negotiation, and people management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously displaying sound judgement, taking a flexible and adaptive approach to providing advice.
- Intermediate computer literacy.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn the various industries that operate under the Jawoyn Group:
- Tourism & Hospitality
- General and Civil Construction
- Information Technology
- CDP Employment Services
- Indigenous Ranger Program
- Banatjarl Strongbala Wimuns Grup
- Develop a Group HR Strategy to support staff to build skills in other core competency areas. This will create the opportunity to build high performing and mobile staff able to contribute in different functional roles.
- Willingness to obtain a Working with Children Card (Ochre card)
- Satisfactory national police check
- A willingness and ability to travel to regional and remote communities in the Northern Territory
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Salary packaging plus Meal and Accommodation card
- Culturally safe team environment
- Katherine location
- Relocation assistance (negotiated if successful in obtaining the position)
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject line â€œJawoyn Association Aboriginal Corporation â€“ Group HR Managerâ€.
Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum two pages] telling us why you want to work for the JAAC group outlining experience relevant to this position.
- Current CV of no more than four pages clearly detailing your skills and experience relevant to this role.
Applications must be received by c.o.b Wedneday15th December 2021.