General Services Officer – Orange Grove Care Community
Job Location: Blue Mountains & Central West
Employer: Opal HealthCare
Join our friendly & supportive team at Orange Grove Care Community!
We will support your career in aged care.
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies donâ€™t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 80 care communities in NSW, VIC, QLD and WA. We have more than 9,000 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Orange Grove Care Community:
Located in the picturesque town of Orange, NSW, at Orange Grove Care Community our focus is always on providing a friendly and inviting atmosphere for all our residents and families.
About the role:
Orange Grove Care Community is currently looking for General Service Officers to join their hospitality/catering, cleaning and laundry team on a part time & casual basis.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What we look for:
- The ability to work across our cleaning, kitchen and laundry departments
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading & competitive hourly rates, benefits and penalty rates
- Weekday hourly rate = $22.42 minimum
- Saturday hourly rate = $33.62 minimum
- Sunday hourly rate = $39.23 minimum
- Plus other penalty rates available!
*All pay rates are provided by Opal’s NSW Enterprise Agreement (Aged Care Classifications)
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation – at Opal we are passionate about growing our staff from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current COVID-19 & flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal