General Manager – Bendigo
Location: Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
Company: Bupa Aged Care Australia
About the Home
The delightful Bendigo care home is located in the vibrant regional centre of Victoria. It consists of 152 beds, with various care units. Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
Benefits of Bupa
- Supportive, collaborative, and caring team culture
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working shifts and arrangements
- Relocation and accommodation assistance available
- Internal transfers across our care homes
- Sponsorship opportunities available to eligible workers
About The Role
As the General Manager of our care home, you will be responsible for its overall daily operations. You will support and champion the Bupa Model of Care to our residents, create a culture for our people to love working at Bupa, and you will achieve extraordinary business performance. You will be supported by a Business Administrator, Clinical Care Manager and Regional Manager, to achieve our desired business goals, and provide high level care to our residents and their families.
- Operational management
- Collaborate with Clinical leaders to minimise clinical risk
- Financial management
- ACFI/Funding management
- Staff retention and recruitment
- Training and development of staff
- Succession planning
- Occupancy management
- Roster management
Skills and Experience
- Previous management experience working in an operational fast paced, service environment
- Completion or working towards post graduate qualification in Health Management/Aged Care or related (desirable)
- Exceptional operational leadership experience
- Demonstrated abilities in growing and developing people
- Advanced understanding of service improvement, WHS principles and previous experience within a regulatory environment
- Strong ability to manage resources and exceed targets
- Proven record of accomplishment of successfully implementing change
- Possess excellent skills in leading through relationships
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes (desirable)
We all share the same purpose at Bupa Aged Care. Helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We take pride in delivering high-quality care with a personal touch. Bupa champions a unique agile culture, one that adapts to your needs as a member of our team. Our focus is not limited to our residents but also your wellbeing and career growth. We aim to support you with tools you need to achieve a fulfilling career.
How to Apply
Click Apply to be taken to our online application process. As part of your application you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks.
Bupa Villages and Aged Care is a NDIS approved provider. As part of the NDIS scheme, employees working within a NDIS facility, in a risk assessed role, must have a completed NDIS check. This is part of compliance and needs to be completed prior to commencement – successful applicants will have this cost reimbursed upon commencement.
IMPORTANT: All aged care workers must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza and will be required to have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccination by 17 September 2021. Evidence of these vaccinations will be required to be provided prior to commencement.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged based on their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.