Funeral Admin Arranger
Job Location: Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
Employer: InvoCare Australia Pty Limited
Hastings District Funeral & Cremation Service was established in 1930 and is still proudly Australian owned & operated. Our experienced team are proud of being the only Funeral Directors in the Port Macquarie & Hastings area to provide the most up-to-date and modern fleet of hearses and vehicles. We are also the only Funeral Directors in the Port Macquarie & Hastings area to offer our own 60 seat chapel, reception lounge and crematorium.
We are currently seeking a Funeral Admin Arranger to join our Hastings District Funerals team in Port Macquarie on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate must have a caring and understanding nature together with well-developed skills and sensitivity to circumstances involving grieving people.
The successful applicant must:
- Sensitivity, along with a comfort to circumstances involving grieving people, and their values and beliefs.
- An ability to be customer focused, and to communicate and respond effectively to all levels of the public.
- Insight and empathy, in order to interpret the needs of people.
- Ability to create meaningful funerals from given information and to clearly communicate options to clients.
- The people and inter-personal skills to work in a team.
- Competent administrative skills and an eye for detail.
- The ability or capacity to rapidly acquire the skills to sell products and services.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure our customers’ expectations are not only met but exceeded
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The successful applicant would be required to participate in rostered after-hours duties including weekend arranging.
- Full drivers license
In return, we offer:
- A competitive pay rate
- Birthday leave
- Discounts for health care and retail providers
- Free access Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunity to buy shares in our company
Hastings District Funeral & Cremation Service is part of InvoCare, an Australian owned company and industry leader that owns and operates funeral homes, cemeteries and crematoria across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. InvoCare has national funeral brands such as White Lady Funerals and Simplicity Funerals, as well as local funeral brands, such as Hastings District Funeral & Cremation Service.
The safety of our staff and client families is of utmost importance, as we navigate our way through the COVID-19 pandemic. It is therefore an essential requirement that candidates be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment with us.
If you feel you can give back to your community and be of service to its members in their time of loss, please apply now!
*As part of our recruitment process applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and medical/physical assessment to ensure fitness to complete the inherent requirements of the position. Please note that applicants with a criminal record are not automatically barred from applying for this position and each application will be considered on its merits