Full Time Catering Assistant
Job Location: Sydney North West & Hills District
Employer: Presbyterian Aged Care
$22.99 per hour + Super + NFP Salary Packaging
Presbyterian Aged Care is one of Australiaâ€™s most experienced and trusted providers of aged care services. We have been trusted to care for older Australians for over 75 years. With nine residential aged care homes, 15 beautiful retirement villages, and providing home care for around 1000 people every single week; we know how to provide compassionate care.
About the role
Presbyterian Aged Care is currently seeking Catering Assistants to prepare and deliver high quality food service to residents and guests at our Thornleigh location as we bring our catering inhouse. As our Catering Assistant, you will be required to prepare and serve food that meets the dietary and nutritional needs of the residents.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidates will contribute to residentâ€™s quality of life and nutritional wellbeing through the provision of quality food services. To assist the Chef to ensure that residentâ€™s meals are prepared and served in accordance with individual requirements, the current planned menu and requirements of the Food Safety Program. To assist to ensure that residents meals are served attractively and at appropriate temperature we are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to older Australians.
- Liaise with residents and staff when possible, contribute to the implementation, monitoring & evaluation of food safety programs
- Support the decisions made for a healthy menu & food preparation within the dining room & room trays
- Prepare & serve food in a timely & hygienic manner, exhibiting sound food handling practices when serving residents on your level
- Follow work place Health & Safety & Hygiene procedures and perform all tasks with due care
- Ensure residentsâ€™ dietary requirements are strictly adhered to
- Washing and cleaning duties where required
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience working independently and within a small staff team
- Understanding of food service in relation to aged care (highly regarded)
- Previous hospitality experience in aged care (highly regarded)
- Food Handlerâ€™s Certificate
- Knowledge and experience of food safety & hygiene requirements including HACCP
What we can offer you
As an employee at PAC, you are rewarded and recognised for your work, and youâ€™ll have access to a range of perks and benefits. Some benefits include:
- $22.99 per hour + Super
- Mon – Fri 6:30-14:30 – either FT
- Leave loading
- Not for profit salary packaging
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- On-going training and development
How to apply
Click APPLY to submit your application.
Employment with PAC is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks. To be successful in this role you must hold valid working rights in Australia
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Presbyterian Aged Care and from 17 October 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination is also a requirement of employment.