Job Location: Brisbane Northern Suburbs
Employer: Mitchell’s Quality Foods
At Lite n’ Easy our goal is to create a healthier Australia by changing the way Australians eat. We make it easy for people to eat well, whether they want to lose weight or simply stay healthy. As a quality driven food company, all of our creative energies go into making our meals as delicious as they are healthy.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and driven food production professional to join our Research & Development team as a Product Development Technologist based at our manufacturing plant at Banyo.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Participating in the scheduling, resourcing and undertaking of new meal or component trials
- Overseeing the validation and reporting of meal trials and new processes
- Liaising with key stakeholders across the business to facilitate the implementation of new products and processes
- Working in partnership with Food Safety, Quality Control and Operations to identify and undertake continuous improvement projects
- Providing technical input and recommendations during development and cross-departmental project meetings
- Developing and maintaining relevant reference materials (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, Visual Guides, etc) to support ongoing product quality and safety
- Participating in the ongoing quality assessment of meals and their components
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 10 yearsâ€™ experience in a food manufacturing facility, preferably in a product development, quality control/assurance or food safety capacity
- Experience with ready meals (chilled or frozen). Process development or administration of food quality and safety management systems will also be highly regarded
- The ability to work in a diverse team environment that requires a high level of problem solving skills and attention to detail
- The flexibility to manage variable working hours to accommodate trial work and support production which runs day and afternoon shifts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Please note that any food allergies, intolerances or preferences must be disclosed at application due to the requirement for frequent product sensory analysis.
We can offer you:
- Ongoing professional training opportunities
- Free & secure onsite parking
- Onsite wellbeing centre with access to free gym, free onsite doctor and free medical checks including Flu & Covid_19 vaccinations
- Discount on products
- Employee Assistance Program including access to a range of counselling services
- Discounted private health insurance
- Themed events and Family fun days
As the successful applicant, you will be a key hands-on team player in our dynamic and fast-paced Research & Development team. If you are ready for your next challenge, then Apply now to join one of Australia’s most successful and leading food companies.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Resident to apply
To apply please click on the “Apply” button below and complete our online application form.