Food Service Assistant
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: St Luke’s Care
- Flexible working hours
- Diverse, inclusive team environment
- Salary packaging options available to improve your net income
St Luke’s Care is an iconic private health organisation that has delivered excellence in care for over 100 years. Our Hospital, Aged Care facility, Rehabilitation and Home Care service are all committed to providing the highest quality care. We invest in our staffâ€™s development and provide a culture that allows you to grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Food Service worker to join our Food Service team serving our Private Hospital and Aged Care Facility, Lulworth House.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Deliver, serve and collect all patient and resident food requirements and meal trays;
- Ensure that all food items are stored and served correctly as prescribed in the Food Safety Plan;
- Assist in daily food preparation and basic meal assembly;
- Deliver consistent high quality customer service to patients, residents, relatives and visitors while serving meals
The successful candidates will have:
- Ability to work in food production processes;
- Knowledge of safe food handling procedures as outlined in HACCP guidelines;
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources;
- Ability to follow procedures and maintain systems;
- A high level of customer service skills including flexibility, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment;
- Plating skills;
- Ability to work a range of shifts (morning and afternoon) from Monday to Sunday.
Successful applicants are required to undergo a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Benefits and Perks
- Wide range of salary packaging options up to $15,900 per year to reduce the amount of tax paid and increase your take home pay
- Positive and friendly team culture with a like-minded team and a fun and active work environment
- Professional Development
- Diverse role with training and education opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit your application by including an up-to-date resume with relevant skills and experience and a cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria and your interest in the role.
If you would like to find out more about St Luke’s Care, visit our website at www.slc.org.au
PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA MUST BE PROVIDED. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
All positions at St Luke’s Care are subject to relevant character and probity checks including criminal record and/or working with children checks.
At St Luke’s Care we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, equitable and safe for all. As part of our commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and from everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares St Luke’s philosophy and values regardless of their age, gender, religion, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status.