Food & Beverage Duty Manager
Job Location: Perth Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
Employer: Hotel Rottnest and Samphire Rottnest
A family business through and through, Prendiville Group owns and operates 21 iconic tourism, hospitality and entertainment facilities across three states. We are thrilled to be providing a fabulous opportunity to join a great team.
Hotel Rottnest and the newly opened Samphire Rottnest, located on the premiere tourist destination Rottnest Island, is well known for offering a unique experience with amazing views over Thomson Bay.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Duty Manager, you will be enthusiastic, motivated and able to work well in a very fast paced environment. Having worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry, you will be a team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Salary package includes Accommodation, 2 meals a day, ferries to and from the island.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the activity of the bar and bistro staff â€“ Up to 80 staff on shift in peak season including the concert series, where staff numbers grow to +150
- Manage the daily F&B operations of the hotel.
- Development and training of staff
- Maintaining high standards of service
- Opening and/or closing of the Venue
- Maintaining venue presentation and cleanliness
- Set up and implementation of concerts and large events.
- Processing & reconciling POS, ATM’s, EFT terminals and complete end of day financial reporting
- Attending management briefings and meetings
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have the following key attributes:
- Previous experience as a Duty Manager
- Valid un-restricted approved managers certification
- Be able to work in a high volume, high pressure environment.
- The ability to keep a calm presence in stressful situations.
- Have a passion for delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work well with a seasonal team.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- H&L Knowledge is highly regarded.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and Multi-Tasking
- Ability to live and work on Rottnest Island.
A great work- life balance is valued, and hours will be shaped around service. On your downtime we encourage you to explore what the island has to offer including walking trails, 62 secluded beaches suitable for swimming, snorkelling, fishing, diving or surfing, a unique golf course and even the opportunity to skydive.
With a busy venue comes a big team, with such diverse experiences you are guaranteed to forge new friendships and work together to deliver our vision. This role requires you to live on Rottnest Island which will be discussed in detail with the successful candidate.
Please ensure you include a cover letter with a current resume to support your application.
Given the volume of expected applications only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.