Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Company: Richard Lloyd Accounting Recruitment
$150K + Super
Newly Created Role
- Diverse range of work including commercial analysis, month end reporting and staff management
- Reputable Construction Business, expecting 40% growth in the next 3 years
- Sydney central, $150K + Super (qualification & industry dependent)
Our client is a highly reputable, mid-tier construction business with a strong pipeline of work in aged care, education and commercial projects.
They started as a small family business and over the last ten years have become an industry leader as they build high quality, innovative buildings and deliver on time.
It’s a busy, fast paced environment where no two days are the same. You would be expected to work autonomously, on your feet, and use your initiative to come up with solutions to help the wider team. It’s an ‘all hands on deck’ culture.
The role reports to the CFO, a seasoned industry professional. You would directly manage a small finance team and be responsible for:
- P&L responsibility for the core business. There are multiple entities in the group all related to the trusts/construction projects/operations
- Ownership of AASB15 reporting requirements
- Work with the business development team supporting them with your analysis and numbers for new pitches & tenders
- The ‘go to’ for the project teams & executive board, answering queries and responding to requests for financial information
- Company tax and statutory reporting
- Management Reporting
- Analysis and commentary for the senior leadership team
- Staff management of four direct reports
The CFO is looking to hand down more of their responsibility to this role as you settle into the role.
- Solid tenure as a Finance Manager / Controller (5yrs+ at this level)
- Proven ability to manage a medium sized team, delegate work and be a mentor to the junior members
- You will have worked in a relatable, project driven industry such construction, engineering, advertising, or IT services for a number of years. Your resume will outline your ability to recognise revenue in line with the accounting standards.
- Resilient, determined and able to deal effectively with a very broad cross section of roles and personalities
- CA would be preferable but a strong technical CPA with industry experience is also a great profile for this role
It is essential that you are a confident communicator and will be able to provide answers and ad-hoc reports to the Directors.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Controller role, please contact Adele Sycamore at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5647, quoting reference 6449 or click on ‘apply now’ below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.