Job Location: Hobart
Employer: Banjo’s Corporation Pty Ltd
With its origins in Tasmania, Banjoâ€™s now operates a multi-state network of franchised and non-franchised cafÃ©/bakery stores. Currently we operate 43 sites, growing to 85 in ten yearsâ€™ time. We enjoy a competitive market advantage, offering fresh, high-quality products, hand-made and baked every day at each site. Our ties to our local communities are strong, both informally and via formal charitable support.
Further information is available at www.banjos.com.au.
The Banjoâ€™s group also includes other commercial ventures.
Applications for this position must -:
- Include a current resume
- Be accompanied by a covering letter to include the reasons for your interest in the role
- Be emailed to [email protected]
Note that applications close at 5pm on Monday 13 December 2021.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Financial Accountant will provide critical support in the day to day financial management of Banjoâ€™s Corporation Pty Ltd and of its related group entities.
Key expectations of the role are -:
- Fulfil to a high standard the essential role of maintaining the financial ledgers of several group entities, on a day to day basis
2. Be the custodian of accuracy and discipline in the management of all of the groupâ€™s primary financial records
3. Proactively prompt and alert management to important issues in the groupâ€™s financial performance
4. Actively participate in cultural, process and system changes during the groupâ€™s growth period
5. Assist with the effective and smooth implementation of Finance & Corporate policies, including the education of non-Finance personnel.
- Assume direct responsibility for hands-on management of general ledgers in XERO for various group entities
2. Investigate, reconcile and report any discrepancies in financial data and/or ledger information
3. Process routine and one-off journal entries, as appropriate
4. Play a key part in the month end accounting cycle, including close-off, reviews, reporting, and analysis
5. Reconcile key balance sheet accounts & inventory accounts each month
6. Prepare routine and one-off financial reports
7. Manage fixed asset registers and depreciation schedules
8. Collate and prepare BAS and FBT information for submission to the ATO
9. Assist with financial budgets & forecasts, and associated commentaries
10. Assist with process improvements and systems enhancement initiatives
11. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties [during occasional periods of other staff annual leave]
Reports to: Finance Manager
Qualifications, essential experience, and attributes
Qualifications & experience -:
- Part qualified CPA or similar, or Qualified By Experience [5 years+]
- At least two (2) yearsâ€™ working experience successfully executing financial accounting duties similar to those noted in Responsibilities section above
- Day to day experience with XERO or MYOB general ledgers is essential
- Excel intermediate ability is highly advantageous.
Essential professional attributes -:
- A high degree of initiative, motivation and problem-solving abilities, without needing to be guided & instructed on the basics;
- A methodical, meticulous, process-based thinker;
- An ability to prioritise, and an innate awareness of how to efficiently weight time & resources according to the severity and/or urgency of work situations
- An ability to work confidentially, with tact and discretion
- High levels of written & verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude, and a passion for our industry.
Workplace Health and Safety
All employees have a â€œDuty of Careâ€ under the Workplace Health & Safety Act 1995 in assisting to maintain a safe workplace in which employees, clients or members of the public are free from injury or risk to health;
Be aware of accident or injury procedures, and advise the Directors immediately of any accidents, incidents, Hazards or â€œnear missesâ€ which occur within the workplace, work areas or in any work-related location when representing Banjoâ€™s Corporation Pty Ltd.