Finance Project Manager
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Ashdown People
$900-$1000/day + Super
- $900-$1000/day + super
- Sydney CBD w/WFH
- 12-month contract w/immediate start
About the Company
This NSW government agency is a major service provider who strives to deliver a more consistent and efficient experience within government. This division focuses on developing strategies and implementing and managing new policies within the department that will better align with the governmentâ€™s vision.
About the Role
The Finance Project Manager delivers and manages multiple complex projects, specifically SAP systems implementations projects. We are looking for someone with experience in delivering Finance Systems Implementations projects preferably SAP and PPMPS.
- Delivering the Project to Scope, Budget and Timeline in the approved Project Brief and Variations.
- Daily planning and execution of project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Project compliance within the scope and objectives as provided in the Brief and Project Plan.
- Manage the project resourcing activities and adjust resources as needed.
- Identify, track and resolve known and potential problems through proper project risk management and controls.
- Build and maintain the project team through proper training, conflict management and team building activities.
- Disseminate communication through the proper channels to make sure all team members are informed.
- Variation Management so that variations are managed and accounted for according to scope, budget, time, and benefits.
- Schedule and lead working group meetings.
- Ensure all Project-related activities are adequately documented.
- Ensure concurrent projects are identified and managed.
- Ensure the Project deliverables are appropriately reviewed, signed-off and transitioned through implementation to Business as Usual.
- Compile the fortnightly status reports.
- 7+ yearsâ€™ experience as a high performing Project Manager.
- Experience with implementing other ERP Systems, previous SAP transformation projects or strong knowledge in Finance projects.
- PRINCE2 and awareness of Six Sigma qualifications.
- Advanced MS Project Experience.
- Experience with previous delivery of projects involving SAP-ERP (FI, HR, Payroll, BPC, SRM, BI) would be advantageous. PPMPS experience a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management skills.
- Experience as a leader, bringing together large teams to work toward a common goal
- Bring together various aspects of a transformation project, i.e. process design, IT development, change, data readiness, etc.