Job Location: Adelaide
The District Council of Robe is best known as one of South Australia’s most popular and beautiful beachside tourist locations. Now home to about 1500 people, Robe remains one of southern Australia’s most popular holiday destinations, attracting visitors from across the country and overseas because of its unspoilt scenery, old-world charm, laidback lifestyle, and popular eateries serving fresh local produce and premium local wines.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Officer to join this progressive and community-focused Council. The position provides support to the Manager Corporate Services and Finance as well as the broader team and community.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial accounting including reconciliation of daily, monthly, and yearly transactions, BAS, FBT, and audit support.
- Assist with budget preparation and review, and assist with long term financial planning.
- Producing monthly financial statements and reports.
- Internal Financial Control including the implementation of Council policy and governance.
- Relevant degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent customer service at all times within a team environment.
The successful candidate will be community focused and have a desire to further develop their career with Council. Support with completion of the CPA program will be offered to the successful candidate.
To download a Candidate Information Pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and reference job number 144265.
Applications close 9am Monday 29th November 2021.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle on 08 8100 7000.