FIFO Shift Supervisor – WOODIE WOODIE
Job Location: Perth Eastern Suburbs
Organization: SGS Australia Pty Ltd2.9•173 reviews
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 93,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
To ensure the smooth shift operation of a site based laboratory, including, ensuring safe work practices and a safe work environment are maintained at all times, client satisfaction is maintained, quality and quantity KPI’s of samples processed are met.
- Responsible for daily safety and health of shift employees (or those reporting to this site) on behalf of SGS upper management and for raising issues to SGS site and upper management where required.
- Must lead by example in all aspects of work, and strive to instill a safety culture in laboratory staff & operations.
- Maintain efficient staffing to provide continuous Laboratory service
- Coordination and leadership of staff.
- Supervise and monitor staff performance to ensure accurate and timely analysis to customers
- Quality co-ordination, quality assurance and safety for laboratory to SGS Standards
- Provide client liaison for the purpose of reporting results and advice on the analysis
- Ensure Laboratory Service by equipment maintenance and consumables management
- Maintain all the site manuals
- Provide KPI reports to client and SGS site Manager as required
- Experience in laboratory work and chemical knowledge
- Basic understanding of computer applications
- Experience in supervising staff
- Demonstrated experience in administration
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.