Family Day Care Administration Officer
Job Location: Perth Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
Employer: Communicare Inc
$25 – $27 per hour + salary packaging + super
- Part Time role working 22.8 hours per week
- Flexible options to work 3 full days, or to spread the hours across 4 or 5 days
- Located in Cannington, close to Carousel shopping precinct
- 12 month contract on offer with possibility for extension
Communicare has been Creating Futures for Western Australiaâ€™s most vulnerable individuals, families and communities for more than 40 years.
We deliver high quality, holistic and integrated social support services that celebrate diversity and seek to inspire and empower people to participate safely and fully in their communities.
Right now, weâ€™re looking for people who want to be part of a contemporary, agile and highly responsive organisation, with a 300-person strong team of employees and volunteers.
In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, part of the worldâ€™s largest movement engaging men and boys to eliminate all forms of menâ€™s violence against women. We now have teams in SA, NSW and QLD.
Our organisational culture is shaped by our peopleâ€™s commitment to diversity, respect and fairness. Our values â€“ hope, opportunity, perseverance and equality â€“ sit at the heart of everything we do.
Are you ready to join us and start Creating Futures every day?
The Administration Officer is responsible for the effective management of the administration processes and record keeping of the Communicare Family Day Care service.
- ensuring that record keeping is compliant with Child Care Regulations
- providing technical support to Educators and families
- providing support with the Harmony software system so that entitled Child Care Subsidy (CCS) payments are processed
This role supports the Program Manager and the Education Support Officer to ensure compliance with Child Care Regulations, as well as providing respectful and consistent customer service.
The position requires:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Office Administration role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- and Outlook)
- Good organisational skills and ability to complete tasks to meet deadlines
- PRODA registration Identification number (or willingness to obtain)
- Working knowledge of Harmony software (desirable)
- Experience with Family Day Care or Education and Care Administration (desirable)
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted driversâ€™ licence
- Working With Children Check
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Discounts at over 350 popular retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum (pro rata for part time)
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria. Applications close Friday 10th December 2021.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Communicare is a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace. White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.