Family/Carer Peer Support Worker – Hume
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Royal Melbourne Hospital
Hume Community Team
Family/Carer Peer Support Worker
- Join the North West Area Mental Health Service Hume Community Team
- Based in Craigieburn
- Part Time Ongoing opportunity – 24 hours per fortnight
The North West Area Mental Health Service along with the Mid West, Inner West and Northern Area form the Melbourne Health Mental Health Program (North Western Mental Health). The NWAMHS provides a comprehensive range of psychiatric services to people who reside in the local government areas of Moreland and Hume.
The Community Team provides intensive quality mental health services to adults experiencing serious mental illness requiring assessment, treatment and case management services within an integrated model. The community team also provides the Police and Clinician Emergency Response (NWPACER) service to the areas of Hume and Moreland in collaboration with local Victorian Police services. The team utilises a Recovery focussed, bio-psychosocial service delivery framework in providing services in collaboration with consumer, families/carers and other clinical and support services. Specialty profession specific services are also provided.
Your new role:
The role of Family/Carer Peer Support Worker is to utilise the principles of peer support in order to:
- Assist families/carers to identify their support needs and focus on their personal recovery
- Provide supports aimed at facilitating meaningful community engagement, sustaining and strengthening caring relationships
- Work in collaboration with clinicians help engage with families/carers, make referrals, follow up and provide direct support
- Assist families/carers to engage in problem-solving and gain more confidence in self-advocacy
- A personal lived experience as a Family/Carer of someone with a diagnosed mental illness
- Be a role model to other families/carers that inspires them to work at having the life they desire
- Work alongside clinicians as an equal partner in providing real support to families/carers
- Liaise with others and advocate regularly for the needs of families/carers
Benefit of working with NorthWestern Mental Health:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Enquiries: John Belanti
Applications Close: 07/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.