Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Company: Peter Jacob Recruitment Pty Ltd
From Lake Macquarie to the Mid-North Coast and Upper Hunter Valley, the Catholic Diocese of Maitland & Newcastle service a broad range of assets including schools, childcare centres, commercial properties, and affordable housing complexes.
Based in Newcastle, the Facilities Management team is responsible for planned and reactive maintenance of all assets across the Diocese, ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with relevant standards and in line with the Organisations Asset Management plan.
Working closely with the Manager Strategic Assets, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, pragmatic, people person to truly affect change across a business.
Observing and analysing the existing performance of the facilities management function, you will develop systems, processes, and procedures that support the business’s new Asset Management Strategy and improve operational efficiencies across the team.
As a leader, you will promote a culture of collaboration, innovation, and accountability, providing training and development to team members where required and rewarding and recognising outstanding performance.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to asset, facilities, or construction management.
- Previous experience in a facilities or asset management role, managing a large and diverse property portfolio.
- Strong contract management experience, developing robust KPI’s and managing contractors throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Team management experience and a sincere and versatile leadership style.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to connect with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Faultless time management, meeting deadlines while managing conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, breaking down data to provide clear and insightful feedback and advice.
- Procurement, cost management, and asset planning experience.
- An understanding of statutory and preventative maintenance requirements of commercial and residential buildings.
- Current NSW Motor Vehicle Licence.
- A current Working with Children Check, or eligible to get one.
Working for the Catholic Diocese, you will make a positive impact on the environments where people live, learn and grow, influencing the lives of thousands of people across the region.
This impact won’t go unnoticed, with opportunities for training, development, and career progression on offer for the successful individual.
You will be part of an organisation that rewards their team with the below:
- 3 additional days leave, Bishop Leave, between the Christmas and New Year period;
- A Tool of the Trade Vehicle or Vehicle Salary Sacrifice
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
- A great friendly environment of dedicated and passionate co-workers
- Employee assistance program;
- Discounted gym membership.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.