Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests and to increase crop yields.
Unearth the possibilities
Nufarm is an ASX listed, Australian owned and operated agriculture company specializing in providing a broad range of crop protection and seed solutions to farmers across the globe. Based in our head office in Laverton North, Nufarm is currently looking to recruit an ETL Developer for a 12 month fixed term contract. Due to the extensive amount of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) work in IT Services, Nufarm is looking to hire a skilled ETL developer to build out and improve Nufarm’s global data warehousing environment (the Analytic Hub). The role reports into the Reporting & Analytics Lead and it is possible to work from home.
What will you be doing?
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage needs
- Presenting the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Providing maintenance support
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Proven work experience as an ETL developer
- Ability to follow design principles and develop rigorous unit and integration test suites
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Some knowledge of coding languages, specifically Python and C#
- Confident and experienced in SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques, including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW
- Ideally experience with AWS Athena and Glue and Azure DevOps
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyse a company’s big-picture data needs
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems
- Ideally experience working with offshore support teams and comfortable writing handover documentation
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.