EOI – PROJECT MANAGER
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Baseline Projects Pty Ltd
Baseline Projects is currently seeking expressions-of-interest for Project Managers to join our emerging Queensland Team!
We have an enthusiastic, inclusive culture and are looking to diversify the skill set of our team. We are currently tendering for a number of exciting projects in the pipeline for the Department of Defence, with a look to expand into Commercial and Retail in the short-term.
Baseline Projects is an established Principal Contractor with focus on Government, Commercial and Retail Construction. Baseline Projects is proud to be approved under the Australian Government Building and Construction WHS Accreditation Scheme and has in place policies and system standards which reflect industry leading practices.
We recognise the importance of communication and consultation in delivering a successful project and have designed and implemented a system around our core values of teamwork, transparency and innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and Director, The Project Manager accepts responsibility for the effective management of all phases of a project (or projects) from Project initiation through to handover and project close. The Project Manager directly promotes contribution from all project stakeholders to deliver projects in accordance with the Baseline Projects System Standards and to meet project required deliverables.
As a Project manager, you will be responsible for the
- Procurement process,
- Master programming,
- Negotiation and liaison with subcontractors,
- Project financials and reporting
- Liaising with your site team to drive the program to an effective and successful conclusion.
- You will also manage all correspondence with the relevant stakeholders including the client, consultants, designers and internal staff.
The successful candidate will be committed to quality and their clients and lead with integrity. We are looking for someone who can display the following skills and attributes:
- An experienced people manager who will take an active interest in developing our team, with the ability to train, mentor and develop our Cadets and Contracts Administrators.
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality delivery with 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the construction or similar industry.
- Demonstrated software management skills with knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of financial management systems.
- A demonstrated competency in reading project documentation.
- Capability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive, respectful and professional working relationships.
- Contract management experience (e.g., managing subcontractors, client side, architects and designers).
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to think outside the square and deliver solutions to the team
- Demonstrated understanding of the Building Code and WHS legislation.
- Attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and/or autonomously.
- Construction Management, Engineering or a Trade Qualification is highly desirable for this position.
- A White Card, Asbestos Awareness, Fire Warden’s and First Aid are advantageous.
- Experience on Defence and Commonwealth Government builds would be advantageous
- Must be an Australian Citizen.
Baseline Projects is big enough to compete, yet small enough to care. Fundamentally, we believe in investing in good people to deliver great results and we work tirelessly to promote a supportive culture that facilitates individual growth.
All of our staff are provided with daily opportunities to add value to the business and gain insights into deliverables outside of their specific role.
If you are keen to gain exposure to the complete process, unique projects and be trusted to grow at your own pace within a supportive environment, get in touch!
Please forward your resume and brief introduction to [email protected]