Job Location: Sydney Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Employer: Link Group
The Environment Coordinator will coordinate the usage and management of various system and application environments used within the Link Group IT. This will include Dev Test, Dev Ops, Pre Production and Production. You will also maintain the current utilisation and provide support to the Systems Administration team to help improve the availability and stability of the environments. This includes usage management, issue management, state of diagnosis, resolution, root cause analysis of issues and help document problem workarounds with the help of dashboards. You will also provide support for scheduled release upgrades and deployments. You will also ensure service requests are appropriately actioned according to service levels and performance targets. You will provide technical support to core business application environments to ensure 24×7 availability for critical projects where required.
You must have previous experience in coordinating the support of large complex application environments in financial services industry. Experience supporting multiple Application Servers like JBoss, WebShpere and Weblogic, RDBMS including Oracle and SQL Server and Web Servers is essential.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Liaise with the appropriate stakeholders across the Link Group to coordinate the usage and management of various system and application environments
- Maintain the current utilisation and provide support to the Systems Administration
- Maintain dashboards related to environment usage management, issue management, state of diagnosis, resolution, root cause analysis of issues and problems.
- Ensure IT Systems stability through suitable monitoring and capacity management reporting
- Provide IT support to business users through systems problem solving and maintenance when required
- Provide support to the System Administrators to implement and administer Enterprise Application servers, Databases and associated system environment solutions
- Provide technical support to core business application environments to ensure 24×7 availability of critical projects where required.
- Organise and attend meetings related to environment management
- Work with business users and IT colleagues to ensure timely resolutions are provided to identified issues
- Completion of regular tasks to support team SLAs
- Manage code release and deployment across multiple platforms,
- Develop and Maintain Documentation related to Standard Operations Procedures
- Contribute to improve efficiency of IT Operations process and procedure
- Provide system and environment related KPIs as required
- Ensure that established procedures and standards are adhered to
- Assist to scope system change requirements
- Provide effective support and minimise downtime to the business by liaising with developers, back end support, database administrators and vendors
- Collaborate with other team members to improve the overall performance delivered to customers
- Participate in after hours and weekend support as and when required.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Prior experience in coordinating the support of large complex application environments in financial
- services industry
- Ability to organize and chair meeting with IT stakeholders is essential.
- Experience of building and maintaining multiple application environment status dashboards.
- Background in financial services and securities industry such as Registry, Broking, Exchange, Superannuation or Trading.
- Ability to handle multiple/concurrent projects planning
- High level of problem solving skills to handle complex software and interface support issues
- Negotiation skills in regards to managing expectations
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Products
- Excellent documentation skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be accountable for service provided
- Ability to work on call after hours and weekend in a rostered 24×7 environment as and when required.
- Analytical and Systematic approach to work
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Pleasant and helpful personality
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science
- Background in financial services and securities industry such as Registry, Broking, Exchange, Superannuation or Trading
- Experience in Supporting multiple Application Servers including JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic
- Experience in supporting applications on J2EE, Java, JSP, Apache and Tomcat
- Knowledge of RDBMS and SQL