Employment Pathways Practitioner
Location: South West Coast VIC
$32.54 per hour + salary packaging benefits
Here at genU we’re a group of passionate, driven people who want everyone’s lives to be happier and healthier, especially people with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage.
We operate solely for community benefit and invest back into the same communities in which our services are delivered.
With over 3000 staff across 200 national locations, a strong history of committed leadership and values driving growth, we invite you to bring your professional skills and passion to our motivated team.
What can genU offer You?
genU is proud to be an EEO employer & supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Work with a positive and collaborative team
- Salary package up to $15,900 of your annual income plus further Meals and Entertainment benefits
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program including financial assistance and dietician services
- Work for an organisation passionate about providing high quality support and care
- Ongoing training and support provided
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase 4 weeks additional annual leave each year
- Paid parental leave for primary carers
About the role
The Employment Pathways branch of genU provides a range of funded employment programs to assist participants on their pathway to employment. This includes individualised employment supports, School Leavers Employment Supports and post placement support.
The Employment Pathways Practitioner will oversee a series of activities that can be packaged into ‘employment pathways’ options for people with a disability. These activities may include:
- Assessing the pre-employment and employment needs of people with disabilities
- Assisting with employment related capacity building
- Preparing participants for work
- Assisting the participants to achieve employment & supporting them to maintain employment.
This is a full time ongoing position based in Geelong.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or certificate in a relevant human services field with at least 2 years experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Victorian drivers license
- Must have or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening check clearance
- Must have or be willing to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’.
Please visit (www.genu.org.au) for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role:
For further information on this role, please contact Leah Twaits on 0408 848 137
Applications will close on Friday the 8th of October 2021.