Electrical Shift Engineer
Job Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Ulan West Operations is a well-established, high production underground longwall coal mining operation in the western coalfields of NSW. Located near the beautiful country town of Mudgee, the mine offers a residential lifestyle with an expected life of mine in excess of 10 years.
Due to a recent internal transfer we have an exciting opportunity to join the fast paced, dynamic, practical and rewarding engineering team as an Electrical Shift Engineer. You will report directly to the Undermanager, with an indirect reporting line to the Senior Electrical Engineer, and be responsible for:
- Leading and ownership of your shift and crew;
- Providing technical advice, assistance and development to tradespeople;
- Managing the safe and successful execution of the shift plan including management of work orders, the monitoring of plan completion/effectiveness and the closing out of work orders;
- Determining and organising parts, labour and equipment to undertake maintenance plans and major breakdowns;
- Short and medium term planning for crew activities and maintenance shifts;
- Analysing information to decide priorities and determine the expected duration or required maintenance activities and level of risk management required;
- Communicating effectively to oncoming shifts for appropriate handover of information to support the ongoing operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an Electrical Trade Qualifications, Diploma Qualification in Electrical Engineering or a Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Have a minimum 3 years industry experience;
- Experience in supervising a mining or maintenance crew in front line capacity will be advantageous.
Relocation assistance and remote area housing assistance are available for the successful candidate.
Glencore also offer a number of professional and personal support services to further develop your career in the mining industry. Apply now to find out how Ulan West can support you to achieve your personal career goals and join a successful and professional Engineering team!
For further information please contact Teigan Flynn, HR Coordinator, on 02 6370 9209.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 November 2021
Interviews may commence prior to the application close date