Electrical Fitter/Mechanic – Tool Servicing, Repairs and Sales
Location: Cairns & Far North
Circa $70k pa + superannuation
Are you looking for:
- A challenging but rewarding career?
- A secure but varied workshop role?
- Do you want to be paid weekly?
- Do you want to earn up to $70,000 p.a. maybe more, plus super?
We are looking for a motivated, performance driven service technician to join our growing team. This is not just a job, this is an opportunity to join a tight knit, supportive team and build a real career with an industry leader in a hands-on tool and machinery repair role.
Established in 1987, TradeTools is a successful, privately owned Queensland company with a long and proud history of selling the very best industrial tools and equipment to the many tradespeople, apprentices, businesses, industries and people that form the backbone of Australia.
A key feature of a career with TradeTools is the reward for performance through our industry leading base salary, generous Team Based Commission and individual incentives on offer throughout the year. We know from experience that our teams strive for success when there is clear reward for effort. We promote from within and ultimately effort equals reward. Many of our current leaders began their TradeTools careers in goods-in or sales roles. Additionally, many of our team who have been with us for over 10 years have become TradeTools shareholders.
With an exciting in-house training platform, delivering both technical and sales training alongside professional development. Our aim is to support & grow service orientated technical salespeople. We supply all tools and equipment to get the job done right!
Reporting to both the Store & Workshop Managers, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the performance of the Workshop on a daily basis
- Conducting maintenance and repairs in a tradesman like manner,
- Solving customer problems,
- Ordering parts and maintaining supplies,
- Maintaining workshop records and administration,
- Maintaining a safe workplace,
- Constantly working toward improvements and efficiencies.
- Support Store Sales activities
- Counter & phone sales, where required.
Key to your success will be:
- Qualification as an Electrical Fitter or Electrical Mechanic,
- A keen interest to build a strong and sustainable career,
- An enthusiasm and drive to succeed individually & as part of a team,
- Reliability, honesty and consistency in sales and service delivery,
- Fantastic relationship building skills,
- A willingness to learn and share knowledge!
This role will entail learning all aspects of the tool industry covering repairs to; power tools, machinery, air tools, air compressors, generators and other industrial equipment. This role will equally suit someone just starting out in their trade or someone experienced looking for a secure role with limited travel.
Experience in the tool industry is not necessary, however if you do have industry experience we especially encourage you to apply!