Job Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Employer: HVTC Shoalhaven
Who you’ll be working withâ€¦
HVTC Shoalhaven is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer, Shoalhaven City Council. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC apprentice opens the door to working for industry leaders via our key connections with major local employers.
Being a HVTC apprentice means you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfill your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually earning an income!
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- Commbank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
What you’ll be doingâ€¦
You will complete a Certificate III Electrotechnology over 48 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support preventative electrical maintenance
- Assist tradesman to perform electrical tasks
- Attend breakdowns
- Troubleshoot Problems with Electrical Equipment
- Repair and maintain a wide range of electrical systems and equipment in buildings and premises across Shoalhaven Council
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of an apprentices skills, competence and ability as required
What you’ll bring to the tableâ€¦
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following:
- Ability to commence in January 2022
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain high standards of work
- Commitment to full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Ongoing commitment to safety, quality, and principles of continuous improvement
- Ability to work without constant direct supervision and make sound decisions independently
- Drivers Licence (provisional accepted)
- WHS Construction Induction (White Card)
What to do next…
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on ‘Vacancies’ and selecting the relevant position, then the ‘Apply Online’ button at the top of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We will also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Michael Schipp on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 31st December 2021
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people