Job Location: Sydney Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
Employer: Fulton Hogan Egis Operations and Maintenance
FHEOM (Fulton Hogan Egis O&M Pty Ltd) has the contract for the Incident Response and Maintenance of Sydneyâ€™s WestConnex M4 and M5 Motorways, now including the M8 twin tunnels.
Set to cover 33km of both open roads and tunnels across the network, the Company is looking to recruit a junior apprentice in the following disciplines:
As an Electrical Apprentice you will have the opportunity to learn fault finding, participate in inspections, become familiar with ITS, surveillance & CCTV cameras as well as develop skills in HVAC, PLC and other automation systems. This role is based out of Kingsgrove.
You will be required to be enrolled in a Cert III &/or other accredited apprenticeship scheme and attend both on the job and off the job training components.
In addition, will need to:
- Have current drivers license and vehicle
- Participate in toolbox meetings and â€˜pre-startâ€™ risk assessments
- Ensure that safe work practices are observed at all times
- Report incidents, non-conformances and near misses and participate in incident investigations.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Drive and enthusiasm to be part of one of the biggest infrastructure projects in NSW
- A strong work ethic
- Problem solving / strong customer and results orientation
- Understanding and commitment to occupational health and safety requirements and the environment.
If you feel this is a good fit for your skills and experience, and you are interested in working for a dynamic organisation backed by respected and established parent companies, where employees are valued and offered ongoing development opportunities along with flexibilities to achieve work/life balance, please apply online for a confidential discussion and potential interview.
Applicants will be contacted by email or phone initially for further screening if successful in being shortlisted. It may not be possible to personally respond to each application.
FHEOM is offering Award rates of pay for this role, training and ongoing development opportunities to the right candidate along with employee benefits.
Pre-employment medicals with drug and alcohol testing, criminal history checks and psychometric testing will be conducted.
FHEOM is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
*No agency applications will be considered.