Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Company: Network 10
Welcome to Simon & Schuster Australia, part of the ViacomCBS Corporation, one of Australia’s fastest growing publishers bringing an extensive range of locally published and international books to readers across Australia and New Zealand.
We now have an exciting opportunity in our Sydney office for a switched-on and confident Editorial Assistant. In this role you will support all administration aspects of publishing by assisting senior editorial staff in the core administration of the commissioning, planning and production of books.
You’ll be doing things like this:
- Diary management of the editorial team; setting up internal and external meetings; minute taking of all relevant meetings; collating local cover drafts for the publishing meeting
- Database and system management: setting up new titles; creating deal memos; updating metadata and keywords; updating with final data upon print etc.
- Title administration: collating all submissions from authors/agents; reading submissions and giving feedback; preliminary research for new titles; applying for text permissions from external rights holders; checking cover resizes and conversions, printer proofs, imprint pages and copyright information for reprints and special editions; liaising with external stakeholders where necessary
- Awards submissions
- Being main point of contact for various service providers
- Administration including ordering copies, filing, photocopying, answering the phones, processing of invoices and other routine administrative tasks
This is what you’ll bring with you:
- Experience in a similar office-based Editorial Assistant, Administration or Coordination role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Broad general and literary knowledge
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high performing team environment
- Confident, professional and conscientious
- Ability to work on own initiative and with little supervision
- Genuine willingness to help the team in whatever needs to be done
- Extra brownie points for previous publishing experience but not essential
Who we are:
We are a global leader with offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, India and Australia, employing approximately 1400 staff worldwide.
In Australia, we publish both local and international books that make an impact on the bestseller lists and our cultural landscape. We are dedicated to bringing an extensive range of titles for adults and children, in all genres and all formats, into the hands of readers.
Our passion, agility and commitment to our authors and books made us the fastest growing publisher last year and we have continued plans for growth in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries, additional superannuation, a large suite of benefits including paid parental leave, financial planning and superannuation advice, income protection and life insurance and a range of wellbeing programs. We offer a non-corporate, inclusive, friendly and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
We believe storytelling has the power to change Australian culture and value diversity and inclusion, both in the books that we publish and the people we hire to help us make this happen. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply.
Simon & Schuster is dedicated to publishing a broad and diverse range of books for everyone, representative of the world around us. We are committed to working with and supporting writers, illustrators and other creative partners from all walks of life, regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, nationality, religion or belief, age, social or economic circumstance.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. If you feel you have the required aptitude and experience, please submit your CV with a cover letter here. We encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.