Early Intervention Therapist (Educator)
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Early Start Australia
Early Start Australia is a national organisation committed to delivering evidence-based early intervention and therapy services to children & their families.
Due to our rapid nationwide growth, we are currently searching for an Early Intervention Therapist (Educator) to provide therapy services in the Brighton/Sandringham/Preston/Hawthorn/Mentone, VIC area.
If you are truly passionate about making a difference in the lives of children who need some extra help in their start to life, enjoy play, working with parents and a kind and fun team, and are looking for your next step or challenge with a family-hearted and growing organisation, we would love to hear from you.
What We Offer You
- Comprehensive initial training and ongoing professional development to help both you and your students reach full potential.
- A framework and supportive environment to provide the best possible client outcomes through supervision, case conferencing, team training & access to internal Clinical Leaders.
- Team support locally and across Australia, with friendly and well-organised administration teams booking appointments, invoicing & managing NDIS changes.
- Staff benefits include competitive salary with performance incentives, individual professional development budgets, EAP program and access to Employment Hero; a discount marketplace with hundreds of products at reduced prices from groceries to movie tickets.
- To assess and guide developmental goals for children on the autism spectrum or with developmental delay (social, communication, cognition);
- To administer early intervention therapy following the principles of the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) and Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) to young children with autism;
- To monitor, evaluate and review progress by entering daily data on therapy plan;
- Develop resources to support the early intervention programmes;
- To work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic therapy programs, for children with autism and complex developmental needs;
- Centre-based and Community-based services.
What Do I Need to Join?
- Passion about making a difference in the lives of children and their families;
- Diverse communication skills in order to build rapport with clients & families, making therapy fun & engaging!
- Effective time management and attention to detail;
- Experience working with children and/or disability;
- Compliance – degree qualified Early Childhood Educator (or equivalent diploma qualified as assessed by VIT), Working with Children Check, National Police Check, First Aid Training, Driverâ€™s License & NDIS Worker Screening Check.
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please apply directly through Seek.
***Closing date is not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay***
Early Start Australia places a high priority on the principles of respect, equity and diversity. As an employer of choice, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.