Early Childhood Educator- Malabar
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Organization: Gowrie NSW3.7•18 reviews
We put our Employee experience at the forefront and are proud to have consistently achieved above industry average Employee Engagement results. Specifically on offer to you in this role is:
- Strong development opportunities with access to free professional development through Gowrie NSW Education Hub
- Work with external, sector-recognised national and international consultants to develop your skills and expertise as an educator
- Generous resource provision and the freedom to get creative
- Build genuine impactful relationships with children, families and our wonderful Gowrie family
- A fun working environment! No two days are the same as you create unique programs best suited to the education of development of children
- Uniform provided and allowance paid
About Gowrie NSW
A leader in early and middle childhood for 80 years, Gowrie NSW is a surplus for purpose social enterprise providing diverse education and care, family support and professional development services to the early and middle childhood sector across NSW and ACT. With a focus on research and contemporary pedagogical methodology, we have demonstrated a strong leadership commitment to working in partnership across generations to provide a range of programs and resources that support children, families and education professionals.
We’re opening our doors to an enthusiastic individual with a passion for innovative and engaging early childhood education to come and join our team as an educator at Gowrie NSW Malabar. Working with the team in carefully designed learning environments and lush outdoor spaces, you’ll be empowered to create meaningful learning experiences for children aged 0 to 5 years old.
This is a permanent full time position working 38 hours per week and will require some flexibility on start and finish times between centre opening hours of 7.00am-6.00pm
We are looking for a Certificate III or Diploma qualified educator who is dedicated, confident and has an understanding of primary care giving and respectful practices with children. Essential requirements for this position are:
- Certificate III or Diploma qualification in early childhood
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Understanding of current early childhood practices that are informed by the Early Years Learning Framework
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards and the implications for early childhood services
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research and willingness to learn
- Understanding of Child Protection legislation and holder of an approved and current Child Protection Training qualification
- Current First Aid certificate and CPR
If you’re ready to springboard your career, have a passion for professional development & creating engaging learning experiences for children & have a current Working with Children’s Check & Cert III or Diploma in Education & Care, we encourage you to apply today!
Please upload a single file into the Cover Letter Section including: your WWCC, any relevant certificates (first aid, CPR etc) and certified copies of your qualifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
ECEC staff across the state are required to have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.