Early Childhood Educator Diploma
Job Location: Melbourne
Employer: City of Greater Geelong
Create our future together at the City of Greater Geelong
At City of Greater Geelong, we are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong on Wadawurrung country such a great place to live, work and study.
Weâ€™re going through an exciting period of change that will help us serve our community better. From digital modernisation to the contemporary, sustainable office weâ€™re building in Central Geelong, now more than ever is a great time to join our team at the City of Greater Geelong.
Our Community is made of diverse people from all walks of life, and itâ€™s important to us that our workforce represents and celebrates this strength.
We encourage great people from all backgrounds to join us. We encourage authenticity, because inclusion makes us stronger.
If youâ€™re excited about working together to create a Clever and Creative Greater Geelong, and joining a workplace where all people can thrive, then hit apply â€“ weâ€™d love to meet you!
We particularly welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the role
In this role you will be working in the Early Childhood Services team to plan, implement and evaluate a high quality innovative and culturally responsive educational program that supports a holistic, family-centred approach to the education and development of individual children. You will work cooperatively with a team of Early Childhood Educators, Teachers and allied professionals to provide a safe, caring and educational environment for children attending the service.
The City has multiple vacancies across the service locations, including part time and full time, temporary, permanent, and casual. Please contact the Talent Team member below if you would like specific details.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of education and care in accordance with Early Childhood legislation, guiding policies and practices, and City of Greater Geelong philosophies.
- Development and implementation of holistic educational program for all children, individually and in group situations in line with Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012, Regs: 73-76, Part 4.1
- Ensure supervision of children is active, adequate, and efficient at all times
- Promote positive behaviour amongst children
- Development of programs for children with additional needs to develop their skills and abilities within a supportive learning environment.
- Development of educational programs in ways that celebrate and share childrenâ€™s and familyâ€™s strengths, beliefs and culture
To be successful in this role, you will have successfully completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, hold a current Certificate II in First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis. You will also have a current employment â€˜Working With Children Checkâ€™ and be willing to provide proof of Covid vaccinations. Additionally, you will be required to complete a National Police check and undertake a formal medical and functional assessment.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012 and Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010
- Sound understanding of the National Quality Framework encompassing the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the Victoria, Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (VEYLDF).
- Ability to lead the team on the planning and implementation of education and care programs.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to the Service Manager/Director on the planning and implementation of education and care programs within the service
- Ability to identify Health and Safety issues pertaining to the work environment.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality, professionalism and discretion are maintained at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility
If this sounds like the role for you, then click apply now!
A career with us
With flexible working options, our people have choice in how and where they work. Our employees connect with us from across the Greater Geelong region and beyond. Weâ€™re also committed to supporting better accessibility for our customers and our people.
We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you.
All employees who may attend a worksite or any face-to-face work-related activity will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
- flexible work arrangements
- paid parental leave (14 weeks)
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- discounted memberships at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
- career development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position.
Applications close 11:55pm Sunday 19 December 2021.
Click the Apply button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity. If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We collect demographic data to help us learn who our advertisements are reaching and how we can reach an even more diverse audience. We are committed to building a more diverse team. Your responses to our demographic questions are strictly confidential and will not be individually shared.