EA to School Principal
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
As the right hand to the busy Principal of this leading Girls School in Melbourne’s NorthEast, you’ll be relied on to provide high level executive support as you assist and support her in managing the leadership of the school. With approximately 1200 students, this is a vibrant senior school environment where you’ll enjoy lots of interaction with the Leadership Team, College Staff and the wider school community.
Working closely with the Principal, you’ll be responsible for diary and inbox management, scheduling meetings, taking minutes at various committee and School Council meetings, preparing various documents and overseeing the day to day HR function. You’ll be privy to lots of confidential information and will be the face of the Principals office, so diplomacy, confidentiality and strong communication skills are key.
- Prepare documentation and information for meetings
- Preparation of papers, reports, policy documents and proposals
- Manage all mail and phone calls directed to the Principal
- Manage the Principal’s busy calendar and appointments schedule
- Manage email inbox
- Coordinate meetings and act as Minutes Secretary for various Leadership Team, Committee and School Council meetings
- Liaise with the Chair of the Council regarding agenda items etc
- Coordination of events and specific projects
- Work in conjunction with the HR Officer to ensure effective HR practices, including appointment of new staff and preparation of contract letters etc
- Act as the conduit between senior Staff and the Principal
- Interact effectively with families, students and members of the wider community
This is a busy, varied and interesting role, where you’ll need to hit the ground running. We’re looking for an energetic, flexible and organised EA who has experience supporting at a senior level and taking minutes etc. This is a 12-month Maternity Leave contract starting asap, working Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.30pm. Work from the home or office during lockdown with view to some flexibility moving forward.
If you’re looking for a busy, integral role where you’ll be involved and privy to the inner workings of a leading school, we’d love to hear from you… please forward your resume asap!