Domestic Assistant – Coburg, Sunshine and Doreen
Job Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Coburg, Sunshine and Doreen
Domestic Assistant- Coburg, Sunshine and Doreen
- Work/life balance with shifts close to home – flexible days and start / finish
- Rostered shifts / emergency shifts and ongoing development opportunities
- Comprehensive orientation program and ongoing support
mecwacare is a leading not-for-profit organization with a reputation for excellence. We have provided care to the Victorian community since 1959. mecwacare cares for more than 16,500 people each week across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria with more than 2,000 employees and 500 volunteers. Our staff are culturally and linguistically diverse, representing 89 nationalities and speaking 100 languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for Domestic Assistants to join our expanding Home and Community Care Services Team. Our Domestic Assistants provide essential cleaning services to our aged clients living in the community, maintaining and enhancing their homes, their standard of living, and reducing health and safety risks.
Tasks associated with this role could include:
- Sweeping, Vacuuming and Mopping
- Making beds and changing bed linen
- Cleaning bathrooms and kitchens
- Hanging, folding and ironing washing
Essential skills and experiences:
- Current Driver License and permanent access to a Registered Vehicle
- Previous cleaning experience
- Respectful communication skills
- Client / Customer focused
- Ability to follow a set Task List or Care Plan for each client
- Capacity to perform home care tasks satisfactorily and within guidelines e.g. Manual Handling Work Instructions
- Knowledge of OHS procedures and safe work practices
- Commitment to supporting clients living independently
- Ability to show empathy to clients and assist to maintain their personal dignity
- Understanding of boundaries required to maintain professional relationships with clients
- Smart Phone
- Australian Work Rights
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Current WWC Card and interest in working with children with complex needs.
- Current Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check or willingness to apply for an NDIS check.
- Where mandatory Health Orders apply applicants must comply with vaccination requirements.
TO APPLY: CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB
FOR ANY ENQUIRIES: Contact Olita on 8573 4813