Documentation Improvement Officer
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- The Royal Adelaide and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Salary ASO-6 $92,784/$98,143 p.a.
- Permanent full-time
The Documentation Improvement Officer is responsible for:
- Initiating and coordinating processes to actively facilitate the improvement of clinical documentation, ensuring quality, completeness, timeliness, and accuracy aimed to support high-quality patient care and adherence to quality standards.
- Establishing close relationships with clinical staff and providing advice, education and training to medical, nursing and allied health professional staff on clinical documentation improvement initiatives.
- Collaborating with and advising clinical coding auditors / educators, clinical coders, Documentation Improvement and Clinical Coding Manager to ensure accurate clinical code assignment for optimal capture of resource use.
Excellent knowledge of medical terminology, and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 780137â€‹
Naomi Johnson Telephone: 8222 7458
Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
11.55 pm Friday 17 December 2021