Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Employer: JMD Railtech Pty Ltd
About the Role
Industry leading, national rail infrastructure design and construction company requires a capable Document Controller to join the project team
Your role will involve working closely with Project Managers across Australia and New Zealand for the following functions;
Maintain and administer the selected Document Control System
- Develop, train and support other staff in the use of the selected Document Control application
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify business processes and develop appropriate documentation
- Ensure that document control protocols are in accordance with the tender and project documents and procedures
- Track documents as required
- Prepare packages for tender
- Assist with additional quality management and project administration support as required
- Preparing regular project reports for Project Managers with current registers
- Recording, checking and tracking all incoming and outgoing project documents
- Collecting, collating, filing and archiving of management system records and project documents
- Maintaining relevant registers and libraries
- Checking quality of documents and typing / formatting of project documents.
- Monitoring processes and compliance to company document verification systems.
- Coordinating all activities relating to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence.
- Inputting document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, clients, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Maintaining updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution.
- 5 years experience in a similar role preferred
- Experience in the rail industry
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships internally and externally
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise a changing workload
- Transactional experience with SAP is highly desired
- High degree of computer literacy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- The ability to work autonomously as well as a team player