Disability Support Worker/ Team leader
Job Location: Yarra Valley & High Country
$35 – $44.99 per hour
Sovereign Lives Victoria is an NDIS provider in Melbourne for people living with a disability. Sovereign Lives Victoria is seeking staff who are passionate about providing quality care and services to enable our participants to continue living in their homes. We are looking for team leader and Casual Disability Support Workers to fill roles in Keilor Downs.
About the Role
A Disability Support Worker is responsible for assisting people with a disability to live in their home or in a supported independent living arrangement that is individualised and flexible. This may include domestic assistance, meal preparation, personal care, social and community participation, behaviour support, therapeutic activities and a range of individualised services and supports.
Having experience in Mental Health Support would be highly regarded, however being caring, patient and willing to learn is essential. If you have Aged care experience that would also be valuable.
You should be able to build rapport, find common ground and develop a connection with participants.
- Assistance with daily living tasks such as personal care, preparation of meals and other general household tasks.
- Respond to the client’s needs and collaborate positively with their families, support people and others in their lives.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of client daily activities and routines
- Participate in the review of care plans by ensuring all necessary documentation is complete and accurate; daily reporting and administration (medication charts etc), report any observed changes to residentâ€™s health and incidents to the Operations Manager
- Promote independence, give choice, encourage inclusiveness and respect the rights and privacy of an individual with a disability through planning and creating opportunities.
- Balance your Duty of Care with the right of the participant working within the context of their ability.
- Work within the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Work with the care team to ensure quality and continuity of care
- Provide Community Participation to residents by providing transport, assisting them on social outings, shopping etc
- Be proactive to continually educate yourself on the specific needs of participants and conditions.
You will need to have:
- a Disability or Aged Care Qualification (Cert III or higher)
- the right to work in Australia;
- relevant work experience;
- a current police check (or willing to obtain)
- Current first aid and CPR certificate
- Working with Children Check
- National Disability Worker Screening Clearance
- an Unrestricted Drivers Licence
- a clean and tidy reliable car with comprehensive insurance
- a strong work ethic, a positive outlook and the ability to remain calm and professional while under pressure
- a caring and empathetic nature
- Complete the NDIS worker orientation module
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Have the capacity to work flexible hours on a roster system, including weekends, early mornings, nights and overnight sleepovers.
Rate of Pay
Sovereign Lives Victoria pay is based on the Award Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 based on your qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in joining a enthusiastic and growing team of Sovereign Lives Victoria, please submit your resume.
Sovereign Lives Victoria- HR MANAGER
- Enthusiastic and growing team
- Permanent and Casual Support Worker Positions
- Throughout Melbourne
- Consistent Hours
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary per hour: $35.00 to $45