Disability Support Worker – SIL
Location: Brisbane Western Suburbs & Ipswich
Company: Lutheran Services
Increase your take home pay with Salary packaging
Supported Independent Living allows clients living with a Disability to reside in their own homes empowering their independence and quality of life.
Somerset Disability service provides care and support to clients; we currently have casual positions available working within clients homes. These roles require availability across, evenings, sleepovers and weekends.
Let’s talk about the role:
- Provide support to the clients in developing and implementing future goal plans and support plans.
- Assist individuals to maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders and clients.
- Actively develop continuous quality improvements (in conjunction with Team Leaders).
- Maintain an environment that empowers service user and promotes positive behaviours and independence.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Flexibility with availability
- Actively participate as part of the team
Now let’s talk about you:
You will be able to demonstrate
- Effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and timely decision making skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Currently hold or be studying towards relevant qualifications and experience
- Maintain a current Australian drivers license
- Current Blue/Yellow card (or NDIS Clearance)
- Comply with the Disability Services Act 2006, screening requirements.
What we can offer you:
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to salary packaging
• Good work life balance
• Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
• Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below.
For a copy of the position description please click here