Disability Support Worker NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, WORLD CLASS TRAINING
Job Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Employer: Cerebral Palsy Alliance
Are you looking for an opportunity where your life skills, interests and experiences are valued?
If you are courageous, imaginative, respectful and compassionate, then keep reading!
We have exciting career opportunities for caring, proactive, passionate people wanting to become vital members of our Newcastle Lifestyles Casual Support team.
At Cerebral Palsy Alliance, people are at the heart of what we do. Working for us, you’ll find professional, like-minded, supportive people who share our commitment to our clients. We provide exceptional services for people living with a broad range of disabilities, to live their best life. The team supports adults with a range of disabilities to live in the community in a variety of housing options.
To do this, we need kind-hearted and reliable people to help make a difference in people’s lives. Does this sound like you??
About the role
This role is to assist our clients enjoy social or recreational activities, build essential life skills and participate in their local community. All our clients live in CPA run homes. You will start your shift from the clientâ€™s home, most clients access the community, and then you will return them to their home at the end of your shift.
The role includes:
- Working independently with a client one-on-one (ie with no other team members present)
- Companion support for social events, recreation or sporting activities
- Providing personal assistance for clients at home or in the neighbourhood, including attending appointments, shopping, visiting parks, recreational outdoor activities.
- Supporting clients to build new skills with activities such as arts & craft, music, health & fitness
- Assisting clients at meal times, with personal care needs and administering medication
You need to be available for a minimum of 3 shifts per week Monday – Friday. You need to be available between 8.30am – 4.30pm. We are looking for people that can work on either a Monday or a Friday. Shifts are mainly 3-4 hours in length.
If you are available on Saturday’s, even once a month, this is preferred but not essential.
You need to be available to work across the Newcastle region.
What we can offer you
When we say ‘people are at the heart of what we do’, this includes our team. We value and appreciate our workforce and recognise that no two people are the same. We are passionate about diversity and promote an inclusive work environment that values each other’s differences.
Our employee benefits include:
- Flexible, family-friendly culture that will enable you to balance family and work obligations;
- Competitive hourly rates;
- Comprehensive training, delivering world-class structured learning, both in the classroom and on the job to set you up for success;
- Empathy, compassion and patience;
- Clear verbal and written English communication skills;
- A professional attitude towards work, accountable, reliable and have a high level of motivation;
- Thrive in a team based environment, where everyone pitches in to help;
- A current NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 minimum) and access to a car;
- Must have (or willing to obtain prior to starting), a current First Aid Certificate, CPR, Working with Children Check* and NDIS Worker Check*
Cerebral Palsy Alliance has a relentless commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff, all new employees starting at CPA must already be, or at least have the intention to be, fully vaccinated against COVID-19, before 30th November 2021.
So if you would like to work for a Not-for-profit organisation, where you are appreciated, supported, get paid to learn, and where you can take pride in the fact that you are making a difference each and every day, then what are you waiting for??? Apply TODAY!!!
Please click “Apply Now”. Only Australian citizens and Permanent residents will be considered for the role. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applications from those who identify as having a disability, identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) or sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTIQA+)
* These checks will be reimbursed (conditions apply)