Disability Support Worker
Job Location: Sydney North West & Hills District
Employer: Diligent Disability Care Pty. Ltd.
DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS / DILIGENT CARE
Diligent care is home to people with disabilities who place a high value on their independence, friendships, healthy lifestyle, and wellbeing. Our mission is to enrich the life at diligent care experience by providing opportunities for healthy and purposeful living that benefits participants, their families, our staff, and the greater community.
About the role
As a support worker, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting participants to develop and maintain independence
- Supporting participants in personal care assistance
- Supporting participants with meal-time preparations as per the need & requests of participants
- Supporting participants with domestic assistance
- Supporting participants with daily living.
- Provide a person-centred approach and utilise your creative thinking skills when developing ideas of how to improve the overall lifestyle and quality of life of our participants
- Implementing behaviour support plans aimed at supporting individuals who demonstrate challenging behaviours to achieve their goals.
- Supporting participants in Community Access and other activities
- Exhibit commitment to supporting our participants to achieve their goals
- Exhibit ability to develop positive relationships with our participants and to support them in achieving their goals
- Exhibit verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon and active or inactive night shifts, including weekends
- NSW Working with Children Check or willing to obtain
- NDIS Worker Check or willing to obtain
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate or willing to obtain
- Police Clearance or willing to obtain
- A valid Visa to work in Australia
Job Types: Casual / Part Time
Salary: SCHADS Award
Applications close when the available vacancies are filled, therefore, APPLY NOW