Disability/Mental Health Support Worker – Brisbane/Beenleigh
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Blue Marble Health Services
$32.29 – $71.03 per hour
Blue Marble Health Services needs YOU (yes, you!)
So, who is Blue Marble? We are glad you asked!
Blue Marble Health Services is a boutique Registered NDIS service provider. We are a private Gold Coast based company servicing the Brisbane and Gold Coast regions.
We are recruiting multiple casual staff to service Brisbane, Beenleigh, and the Gold Coast. Shifts are available 7 days per week including overnight shifts.
At Blue Marble, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It is the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less?
We provide in home care and community access services to clients with a disability and/or complex mental health diagnosis who live independently or in supported accommodation settings.
We support clients 24/7 – this includes weekday, evening, weekend work, sleepover and/or active night shifts.
We are after likeminded people who have values similar to us. There is no specific ‘mould’, we need a team that is as diverse as our participants.
There are, however, a few boxes you will need to tick:
- Willingness to work shift work, regular sleepovers, weekends and public and/or school holidays with significant availability
- Clear communication skills
- The ability to write accurate and detailed shift reports including progress notes and incident reports
- Willingness to engage clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Have a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
- Smart Phone with internet access
- Rights to work in Australia
- The ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries in line with the code of conduct.
- Completed a Certificate lll in Disability, Individual support, Aged Care or in similar disciplinary
- Hold a QLD driverâ€™s license and own a reliable, registered and insured vehicle (must be comprehensive insurance).
- Yellow Card/NDIS Worker Screening
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Blue Card Preferred.
- Preferred: academic or professional experience in mental health
- Preferred: experience working in a highly dynamic and challenging setting and proven ability to adapt well to change.
This position requires a long term commitment – not short term.
What weâ€™ll need you to do
Your role may include, but will not be limited to:
- Personal Care: Provide assistance/standby assistance with daily self-care, such as bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, getting in and out of bed, moving around the house and/or medication prompting.
- Mental Health Care – supporting participants with dual diagnosis within their home and in the community
- Domestic Assistance: Provide assistance with domestic chores, including assistance with light cleaning, dishwashing and/or laundry.
- Transport: To assists clients to/from appointments, assistance with getting in and out of vehicle and/or social activities
- Social Support: In home or outside the home to access community facilities. This service generally aims to maintain a clientâ€™s community connection and fulfil the need for social interaction;
- Meal preparation: This may include assistance to write a shopping list, food prep and cooking.
Be reliable, punctual and caring. These are some of the most important attributes you could bring to this industry.
- Flexible work-life balance
- Opportunity to increase income through extra hours, overnight shifts and weekend work
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Start your career with us and have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience in this industry.
- small family run business who will support you along the way
- Access to our staff portal where you can view your roster, sign on/off, complete shift notes, add your availabilities and access client information.
- Adhoc and regular supervision support.
- Opportunities for further training & skill development
Pays are in line with the Social, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. Hourly rate + Penalties + Superannuation + Km’s while transporting a client.
All successful candidates will be required to complete the NDIS worker orientation module before commencement of work.
Apply now with Resume and Cover Letter.