Diabetes Nurse Educator – Mount Barker
Job Location: Adelaide Hills & Barossa
Employer: S.A. Health
Total Indicative Remuneration: $87,855 – $111,052
- Barossa Hill Fleurieu Local Health Network – Country Health Connect, Mount Barker
- Total Indicative Remuneration: RN/M2C $87,855 – $111,052 p.a. (pro-rata)
- Temporary Part-time position working 32 hours per week up to 28/1/2022
Provide advanced nursing services in health service settings. The activities required of roles at this level are predominantly clinical in nature.
Work at this level is undertaken by employees with at least 3 years post registration experience. An employee at this level accepts accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
The Diabetes Nurse Educator is responsible for the management and provision of:-
- clinical diabetes counselling and education to outpatients, inpatients/clients and their families/carers either individually or in a group setting depending on need
- a specialist consultancy service to medical and nursing staff within the public hospitals within the region
- best practice services in line with CHSALHN policies and procedures and ADEA guidelines
Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
Enrolled in an approved Diabetes education course or holds a recognised qualification in Diabetes education and management
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
For more information about the role please refer to the Job Pack provided below. Job ref: 776490