Deputy Director (Adult) – Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Western Health
Western Health is one of the fastest growing health services in all of Australia. Its services the growing, and rapidly expanding inner and outer Western suburbs of Melbourne. The community we serve is very diverse.
The Emergency Medicine program at Western Health is rapidly growing and expanding. Western Health has received unprecedented investment from the Victorian government in infrastructure projects. Each major project increases the capacity of the emergency services program.
We need skilled individuals to join our service, to be at the forefront of leading this growth and service development.
About the Role
The position of Deputy Director, Emergency Medicine (Adult), Sunshine Hospital is a key leadership position that supports the delivery of Best Care at Western Health. The Deputy Director is an Emergency Physician with a defined portfolio of leadership and management within the Emergency Department with allocated administrative time. With the opening of a New Footscray Hospital planned for 2025, this position will be important in guiding the department towards this exciting development.
The Deputy Directorâ€™s leadership and management portfolio supports the Director and the Nurse Unit Manager in leadership, governance, and quality and safety activities.
Key areas of focus relate to
- Workforce: To foster an open, supportive and collaborative workplace culture both within and external to the Emergency Department.
- Access & Patient Flow: To represent, promote and advocate for the departmentâ€™s priorities and successes, as well as actively participate in innovations to improve the delivery of high-quality service to the patients, health service and the community.
- Quality & Safety: To participate in and cultivate sustainable and continual quality improvement processes.
In addition, to the standard role and clinical responsibilities of an Emergency Physician, the Deputy Director will provide expert clinical care to patients within dynamic environment of the Emergency Department (ED) and Short Stay Unit (SSU), and will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary staff within ED and across the broader hospital to achieve the best possible outcomes all patient groups. As with all medical specialities, there is a significant responsibility for training and supervision of junior doctors, other health professionals and medical students.
Further details regarding key responsibilities can be found in the attached position description.
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM)
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years post-Fellowship clinical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and skills in leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of change management principles
- Demonstrated qualities of enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of â€˜Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safetyâ€™ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health is in a period of rapid growth. Our services comprise of four acute public hospitals: Footscray Hospital, Sunshine Hospital (including Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s), Williamstown Hospital and Bacchus Marsh & Melton Hospital. We also operate Sunbury Day Hospital, Hazeldean, Grant Lodge Residential Aged Care, as well as community health centres in Melton, Caroline Springs and Bacchus Marsh and a range of community-based services. We care for a diverse community of more than 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination) and (if applicable) a Working with Childrenâ€™s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries: Gary Ayton
Position Ref: 43067
Applications Close: 14/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application, please click the ‘Apply for this job’ button below.