Job Location: Blue Mountains & Central West
Employer: Winmalee Dental Surgery
Job Title: Dental Assistant
Job Type: Part time – Casual
Location: Winmalee Dental Surgery. 410, Hawkesbury Rd, Winmalee NSW 2777.
1. Greet patients and prepare them for scheduled dental procedures;
2. Provide assistance to the dental operator throughout the course of procedures including clearing the patient’s mouth of saliva or dental materials used during the treatment by operating suction or other appropriate equipment.
3. Prepare the treatment room as directed by the dental operator and ensure correct instruments and materials are available for use;
4. Clean and sterilize the instruments prior to and after treatment;
5. Clean the surgery and treatment room in accordance with the practiceâ€™s policies and procedures, including decontamination procedures for infection control;
6. Provide the practice with administrative assistance, including the maintenance and re-stock of dental and office supplies;
7. Prepare accounts and collect payments in accordance with the practiceâ€™s policies and procedures;
8. Schedule appointments for patients and maintain detailed records of patientâ€™s treatments; and
9. Undertake reception and customer service duties, including, but not limited to, answering the telephone and carrying out general office duties.
â€¢ Excellent communication ad interpersonal skills; Proven ability to be punctual, reliable and multi task; Proficiency in English;
. Must have the right to work in Australia;
. Computer literate; and
. Excellent time management and organization skills.
Desired but not essential. On-site training can be provided if required.