Dental Assistant/ Receptionist
Job Location: Sunshine Coast
Employer: Kawana Dental
Enthusiastic and confident dental assistant required for a dynamic 35 year old, family run, dental practice in Buddina, Sunshine Coast QLD.
We are seeking a caring, positive person to join our amazing team. We are a busy, well established, 8 surgery dental practice who prides themselves on a high level of dentistry, patient care and staff/patient relationships. The successful applicant ideally would have experience in dental assisting or dental reception and be willing to be versatile in both job roles. However we are opening the job to anyone that may be willing to learn, recent school leavers or someone looking for a career change.
The applicant should be passionate about working in the dental industry and enjoy helping people and making them feel relaxed.
- Are you a confident and experienced communicator?
- Do you enjoy caring for people and making them feel relaxed?
- Would you like to be part of a truly amazing team, and be valued for your enthusiasm and energy?
We understand a quality dental assistant is someone who:
- Understands the important role a dental assistant plays along side the dentist to ensure their day runs smooth, patients are comfortable and relaxed
- Enjoys working in a large team and playing a vital role connecting the clinical and administration parts of a dental practice.
- Demonstrates their exceptional ability to communicate with patients and the broader team in a collaborative environment.
- Is appreciated for their contribution to the practice running smoothly.
We’re looking for a professional dental assistant/ receptionist who wants to be part of a practice that treats their patients and staff like part of their family.
The successful applicant must:
- Be available and flexible to work
- Be available one late night (Tuesday or Thursday), later start and occasional Saturdays until 1.30pm.
- Successful applicant will be employed casually around 33+ hours per week, although a permanent position is an option. If you are after a full time position or part time position this can be negotiated also.
- Ideally have experience in dental and be passionate about working in the dental industry
- Be confident in working in a fast paced environment
- Have a friendly and bubbly personality
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Working with dentists to ensure their day runs smoothly
- Sterilizing duties
- Chairside assisting with a number of different dentists
- Being the face of Kawana Dental and welcoming patients, answering telephones and making appointments
- Handling payments
- Managing recalls and ensuring correct reactivation of patients
Skills and experience
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in dental assisting/dental reception
- Dental4Windows experience a bonus
- We are open to someone that is eager to learn dental assisting, recent school leavers or someone looking for a career change as well.
We encourage experienced dental receptionists/assistants to apply. More than just a skills-based role, we’re looking for a person with the right attitude who values being part of a team and is able to use their initiative in a professional working environment.