Dementia Specialists *New Darwin Openings for 2022
Job Location: Melbourne
Employer: Welfare Recruitment Solutions
Welfare Recruitment Solutions has partnered with a highly respected industry leader to further assist in recruiting Dementia Specialists to service Darwin to keep up with growing demand.
In essence you will provide an assessment service for persons living with dementia that are showing a responsive behaviour. Aligned with a person centred care approach and best practice dementia care you will look further in identifying unmet needs and provide recommendations and strategies in evidence based behavioural management care. Through your ability to build rapport and trusting partnership relationships you will gain further understanding of the context of the behaviour, psychosocial, or other needs or triggers within their care environment that might be contributing factors to the onset of this change.
This is a very personally rewarding opportunity where you will provide practical strategies and interventions in addressing changing needs of persons living with dementia throughout their journey as well as providing further education, understanding and support to families and those involved in their care.
- Strong aged care experience working closely with persons living with dementia either in residential care, community, acute/sub-acute geriatrics or psychogeriatric care or an aged care/government service provider.
- Senior clinical or allied health background eg. Nurse Lead, Clinical Care Manager, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, or Senior Diversional Therapist roles within aged care. If you have prior experience specialising in dementia in a clinical, educator, or therapeutic role then we would really love to hear from you!
- Alternatively, you may be working in aged care/facility management or as a clinical educator and really miss direct assessment contact. You may be working in an an ACFI/ACAT assessment or other aged care role where you feel you have more to offer in making a more meaningful difference at different stages of a person’s dementia journey and impact in their care.
- Prior experience in managing behavioural psychosocial symptoms of dementia and astute in identifying unmet needs or triggers within different care environments
- Warm and caring approach who can build rapport and trust with ease.
- If you are an avid learner in dementia care or are currently studying or completed tertiary qualifications in Dementia Care, Gerontology or Health & Ageing it will be very highly regarded.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with talented dementia experts and educators and learn from the best! Highly supportive of what you can bring and there will be an abundance of further learning opportunities in dementia care.
NFP salary packaging employer offering long-term job security, highly competitive salary along with 6 weeks paid annual leave. Relocation package is available for anyone considering relocating to Darwin and this can be further discussed on application. Must have full working rights in Australia to apply.
Please call Michelle on 0401 278 393 to find out more about the opportunity or for a confidential discussion to discuss your background
Alternatively, email your CV or enquiry to [email protected]