Datacentre Platform Lead
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Preacta Recruitment
Exciting opportunity for a Datacentre Platform Lead to join a global leading SAAS provider on a 6 month daily rate contract based anywhere in Australia.
You will be part of the global Platform Engineering team, in a pivotal role ensuring platforms are built, configured, and administered to the highest standards whilst driving continuous improvement on existing platforms for reliability and performance also embarking during an exciting transformation of the businesses SaaS Digital Experience platform products.
Primarily youâ€™ll be working in a Linux based environment with hands on system administration, network, virtualisation, and container expertise, so you can help build, operate, and enhance the businesses Cloud Platform.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills and experience in UNIX-based virtualisation (RHEV, oVirt, Proxmox)
- Strong network experience including overlay technologies, dynamic routing protocols and layer 2 protocols.
- Experience with IPSEC & GRE tunnelling protocols
- Confident scripting ability in at least two of the following: Bash, PHP, Python, AWK
- Experience supporting PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience supporting BIND, Nginx/Openresty, Apache, Redis
- Familiarity with Ansible / Puppet/ Terraform / Saltstack configuration management systems
- Knowledge on Containerization (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with GIT and SVN version control systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code approach
- Experience with monitoring systems, such as Nagios and Shinken, CollectD, Prometheus, Zabbix
- Intermediate knowledge of dual-stack IP networking (switching and routing)
Some of the day-to-day tasks include:
- Manage and extend existing oVirt/Proxmox-based KVM virtualisation infrastructure
- Manage dynamic OSPF/BGP routing and VXLAN/EVPN overlays using JunOS and Cumulus Linux platforms.
- Be a major contributed to maintaining technical documentation and developing design and implementation documents that describes how our platform is constructed
- Manage firewall policies, IPsec tunnels configuration, based on Juniper and Fortigate hardware
- Manage layer 2 switching mostly on Extreme Networks and Mellanox hardware.
- Automate systems and processes to help us build and manage our growing infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain network-oriented file system MooseFS (CEPH like)
- Perform Linux, FreeBSD and Windows system administration and scripting to improve our ability to manage and automate our cloud platform.
- Help to troubleshoot issues across the whole stack – hardware, software, network, and storage.
Interviews are kicking off ASAP so if youâ€™re interested to hear more, please donâ€™t delay in getting in touch and I will give you a call to discuss further.
For me information please speak to Jamie at Preacta recruitment 0401488853