Data Platform Optimisation Engineer
Job Location: Brisbane
Employer: EnergyAustralia Services Pty Ltd
At EnergyAustralia, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging thatâ€™s a key reason we were â€œAwarded Winner 2021 Best Place To Work Listâ€. As an employee you can enjoy some of our benefits across;
- Employee discount on your electricity and gas, discounts on major brands and products
- Volunteer days off to help charities to make a difference through volunteering and workplace giving schemes
- Energise Program whereby flexibility that is team centric enabling all individuals to agree and succeed tighter
- Access LinkedIN Learning in-house free training platform for professional development
- Excellent company culture, down-to-earth and friendly organisation – be authentic, bring your whole self to work!
- Genuine career development â€“ we have an internal mobility program where our employees come first
- 2 paid recharge days
- Health and well-being program â€“ online yoga, palliates and Employee Assistance Program
- State-of-the-art brand new Melbourne office building, 3-5 min walk from Southern Cross station
About the role
Reporting to the Analytics Operations Leader this is an exciting career opportunity for our new Data Platform Optimisation Engineer to lead the full scope and accountability of data platform optimisation design, implementation and monitoring across our data analytical eco-system of platforms and tools. This is a critical leadership role with no direct report that will enable you to leverage your technical experience to ensure the ongoing running and efficiencies of what we do is best in class to drive low-cost solutions, management and governance of the data platform here at EnergyAustralia.
What weâ€™re looking for:
This role will be instrumental to deliver our technology solution roadmap by utilising your experience and skills in the following areas;
- Leveraging your senior business owners and technical stakeholder management like Data Design Leads, Solution Architects, Data Engineers and Date Operation Engineers to define and deliver cost optimal solutions.
- Strong understanding of AWS tagging and chargeback frameworks with hands on experience working across cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrated experience with on-going monitoring, investigating and resolution cost related issues
- Understand DevOps principles and tools will be essential when working with agile enterprise developments, CICD implementation, continuous testing, infrastructure as code, automation of environment deployment & automated shakeout testing
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the ‘Applyâ€™ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Le Page via email [email protected]
Please note, the Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions issued by the Victorian Acting Chief Health Officer on 7 October 2021, apply to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate/s being either partially vaccinated for Covid-19 (with a second vaccination booked prior to 26 November 2021), fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
Weâ€™re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, itâ€™s a workplace where everyoneâ€™s welcome.